Tuesday, January 20, 2009

This is surreal



I usually don't like to write about religion, but after watching what took place in Washington DC today, you can't help but believe that God is real and God is good. Can you imagine? Did you ever imagine? A day when an African American male would be sworn in as President of the United States of America? Could you even fathom the idea, the concept, of a an America with an united front? A place where white, black, gay, straight, and disabled would come together with so much passion, unity, and hope for a better America?



Less than 40 years ago, the Civil Rights Act was passed, less than 50 years ago black and white people protested and marched for freedom. Less than 40 years ago, the nation's most influential black leaders were assassinated in hatred and fear. But on this day, January 20th, 2009; an African American male spoke before millions of people about the progress of this great nation. An African American male brought our nation together like never before.



I still can't get my head around this; it's surreal. I couldn't really believe the announcer when he introduced President Barack Obama and First Lady Michelle Obama. I really can't describe how I'm feeling right now, but I know I feel better about America's future.



All photos from Time
http://www.time.com/time/photogallery/0,29307,1872698,00.html

No comments: