Monday, January 19, 2009

Change has come to America: Concert at the Lincoln Memorial




Sunday, January 18 2 p.m. in Washington DC at the national mall will be a experience I will never forget. I truly feel that I have an idea of how those people felt when watching MLK deliver his "I have a dream" speech. This was a moving moment to be amongst 500,000 people of all shades, races, and backgrounds. It was also hilarious that this big celebration was occuring miles away from George W. Bush bedroom in the White House. This big celebration was happening because we are so excited to have a new face, new administration, and change for the better. It is monumentous that this star studded event was free and the most celebratory event of the weekend. Every big name in music and acting was there, Beyonce, Queen Latifah, Usher, Stevie Wonder, Tom Hanks, Jon Bon Jovi, U2, and more. Most importantly, the beautiful Obama family was in attendance rockin to every artist that performed, they know their music and are very soulful.



I absolutely loved Jamie Foxx impersonation of Obama, he hit it straight on and its great to know that our president has an awesome sense of humour.





Beyonce ended the show on a superior high. She sung so beautifully. I can't lie though, me and glamazon coutura was hoping she would bust out performing Single Ladies. How hot would that have been?! I know, I know, that would not be the best way we want black women to be portrayed.




Stevie Wonder and Usher gave the best performance in my opinion! They rocked the mall and when Stevie started dancing, What?! It was not a game folks started screaming and yelling out of joy!


I just can’t get enough of this family! Stay tuned for more coverage on DC Inauguration-Suite Suede Style.

1 comment:

Portia said...

Love this thang! And can I just say that Michelle's hair is looking oh so pretty. Looks like feathers blowing in the wind.