Wednesday, November 5, 2008

Election Night


I spent Election Night at the Official Minnesota DFL Victory Party, and yes it was called a Victory party well before election day. Throughout the course of the day, I have replayed that moment when we saw the CNN projection that Barack Obama was president elect over and over again in my mind.

I will never forget the moment when the crowded erupted in a joyous cry, when people began dancing, screaming "We Won", and crying tears of pure hope for America's future. The memory of my mother calling me as I screamed and jumped up and down, and burst into tears because I knew she was in our living room jumping up for joy too, will remain etched in my mind for years to come. Even though we were hundreds of miles apart, it felt like she was standing right beside.

I can't put into to words the emotions I left that night, or the emotions I am still feeling right now, but I can say I was there when... Yes We Did!!!

No comments: