Wednesday, November 5, 2008

California Voters Pass Ban on Gay Marriage

Voters in California pass Proposition 8, which overturns the state Supreme Court decision that granted same-sex couples marital rights.

Of course this legislation is an awful deafeat for gay right activitists who have fought effortlesslyy against public opinion.

Read more about the issue here.

Yes. I know, I can't believe I'm directing you to Fox News either.


*My Personal Opinion*I have mixed emotions about the outcome of the same-sex marriage. I'm an avid supporter of separation of church and state. So, my religion tells me the implementation of Proposition 8 is a good thing. However, as a liberal, I believe in civil rights and I believe in equality and I understand that imposing my religion on others is not a justification. Afterall, it was not too long ago when Whites used the bible as a justification for enslaving blacks and subjecting them to heinous physical, emotional, and spiritual pain. However, at the end of the day, I firmly believe that God's will has been done.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

That's true fade. What the whites did though was a mis use of the bible cuz aint no where in there did it say to do what they did. On the other hand it's clear that God isn't pleased with homosexuality. My 2 cents on it is that it's a sin. Plain and simple. An overblown sin to be exact. It's just any other sin. Sin is Sin and only God can judge it. He loves us and He's there to deliver us from our sins if we would let him. However satan lies to us in telling us that what is sin is actually ok. Same as he did with eve in genesis and getting her to believe that disobeying God was ok and that there was nothing wrong with what she was about to do. So we in turn believe these lies....stand up for them and engage in them when at the end of the day...we're just lost and believing lies that we believe is true. Just like folks believing aint nothing wrong with fornication, or cheating on your wives(those that engage in polygamy swingers), so....I don't know if them flames in california is a reminder of Sodom and Gomorrah, but we need to wake up!