Tuesday, August 25, 2009

My new approach to job searching cont..


Yes, another week of searching has come upon me. I've been reading a lot of articles about landing that dream job and most of the advice falls into one category; be bold! If you really want a position at a company,boldly let me them know. Start a "Hire Me" blog, if you don't like writing then make a Youtube video explaining why they should hire you, call HR and ask to speak to the hiring manager, write a Facebook Note explaining why you're a perfect fit for the position, and I even read in Glamour this month that a woman screen printed her resume on her t-shirt. I like it; do what you have to do to get noticed. But a word of caution, don't slid from the realm of driven to annoying. Show them you're passionate, but don't call the CEO everyday leaving messages. Don't get discouraged in your search!

No comments: