Friday, May 15, 2009

Fab Idea: Job Journal


I've been trying to update my resume, but I was having a difficult time reflecting on all my work experience and actually remembering my accomplishments. Then I thought, this would be really easy if I had a job journal. Not a portfolio or collection of your work, but a journal where you keep track of your accomplishments. We get caught up in the day-to-day mundane tasks and we sometimes forget the great things and meaningful change we bring to our jobs. Keep post-its near you at all times so you can quickly write accomplishments down and save congratulatory emails. In fact, print the emails out (as long as they don't contain confidential information) and keep them folded in your journal.

So, the next time you want to update your resume, you'll have a great go-to place that houses all the wonderful things you've done during work experiences. And get creative with your journal, decorate the cover with inspirational people and pictures of your goals (like that house in the Hamptons you're going to buy once you make it!)

No comments: