Thursday, March 19, 2009

My trip to Brazil-(Sort of)

Spring is just around the corner and its time to renew and refresh. "Out with the old and in with the new" is my mantra. At my latest trip to the spa- I decided to go beyond the trite mani/pedi combo and requested a deep bikini wax. I've had a waxing before but this time it would be different, this time all the hair will be gone!

Of course the spa esthetician - Aliezca had a European accent which added to the whole affect. I was very anxious and nervous and scared but she advised me to relax and to lift my leg. I was all of a sudden getting warm and sweaty all due to fear and anticipation. After being powdered up in the most uncomfortable way- she placed the wax and RIP! it was quick and painful. By the time I was almost done I had gotten accustomed to the pain and couldn't wait for it to be over. I was very good with the way I took it. I had a friend call me during her brazilian wax screaming and crying over the phone! After all was done I sat up looked down, and saw an unusual strip-But was very pleased with the finished result.

Ingrown hairs are a major after sympton from shaving and waxing. Listed below are great products to heal your vajayjay!

For Ingrown Hairs try Prince Reigns (http://www.princereigns.com/ $24.95)












Bliss Ingrown Hair Eliminating Peeling Pads (http://www.blissworld.com/ $38.00)











Will I travel to Brazil again anytime soon? Most likely, but it depends on how fun my summer will be ;P
Harmony Skin Care
37 West 43rd Street
New York, NY
212-239-5220

2 comments:

SweetScentLover said...

My experience with the brazilian wax was slightly different. It was painful and oh-so invasive as a smiling korean woman got up-close and personal with my nether regions. It was totally worth it though. The smoothness lasted weeks and even walking became exciting!

Portia said...

LOL! I love Bontu's comment, "even walking became exciting." Maybe taking a pain killer before hand might help.... Thanks for recommending the ingrown hair cures! Not something people usually like to talk about, but it happens.