Wednesday, September 2, 2009

My new approach to job searching cont..


Another week of searching continues! Even though I really don't like sitting at the computer job searching, I feel compelled to because I don't want to miss out on any great opportunities. But instead of logging onto a website and searching for hours, sign-up to have emails sent to you based on the type of jobs you're looking for. I signed-up on Idealist for jobs that are categorized under "youth, event planning, social media, public relations", and everyday I get an email with jobs that match my key words. It saves me a lot of time and narrows my search down to 13 - 15 jobs a day that align with my interests and strengths. I also don't waste my time applying to every job that's emailed to me; I focus on the 2 or 3 that are good match and where I can make significant contributes to the company. Don't get discouraged in your search!

No comments: